Wednesday 3 July 2013

Smash, Eat, Repeat.

A little while ago a very talented photographer I know contacted me about a Smash Cake. Knowing how beautiful her photographs are I was more than happy to do something up for her- I love a chance to make something new and exciting! I was asked to created a giant cupcake that was pink ombre, dark on the bottom and light on the top, and overall very girly, but simple. After having a minor aneurysm trying to figure out how to create that ombre look on the cupcake shell without an airbrush system, I decided to attempt an idea I had floating around in my head and just hope for the best! Thankfully that little brainwave actually turned out pretty great, and I'm once again in awe of Teresa's stunning photography.

You can check out the full session and Theresa Le's fabulous portfolio here: http://www.tsacreations.ca/blog/2013/06/26/addi-cake-smash-chilliwack-photographer/

And don't forget to check her out on Facebook!

By making messy layers of coloured chocolate as a shell
for the cupcake I was able to get that colour gradient from
bottom to top! Fondant butterflies, pink number one, a little
edible glitter andsome buttercream roses later and I'd say it
 was a 'smashing' success! (har har)

She can't even believe she's allowed to do this right now...so sweet!

omnomnomnomnomnom

No comments:

Post a Comment