Monday 17 June 2013

Sprinkles Sprinkles Sprinkles


I think everyone will agree, whether you like eating them or not, there’s just something about sprinkles. When you see them, you get a little bit happy. Kids love them, adults love them, and my new puppy also apparently loves hoovering them up off the floor when I knock half the jar over(surprise surprise). So, I don’t even bat an eyelid when my fully grown adult friends request rainbow sprinkle birthday cakes- in fact, it’s become a bit of a tradition. For this cake, I decided to go with a rustic-chic buttercream cake, because fondant just seems to take the whimsy out of a funfetti layer cake. These simple little cakes are becoming my signature birthday cakes- everyone loves them, and I love making them! They can be topped with banners (as long as you forgo the candles, ahem), flowers, gumpaste creations, or in this case, a super creative way of incorporating sprinkles into the decorations. I spied this tutorial from Kojo Designs on Pinterest months ago, but had completely forgotten about the idea until yesterday. The only adjustment I made was to insert toothpicks into the base of the numbers so that I could raise them off the cake surface. What better way to top a rainbow sprinkle birthday cake, than with a rainbow sprinkle number (or two)!
 
Sometimes even I get sick of pink...and I just love this colour!

These toppers are my new favourite thing, they are foolproof! Seriously,
I snapped one in half and was able to 'glue' it bag together seamlessly :)

Love, Laughter & Sprinkles.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete