Wednesday 3 April 2013

Wish List Wednesday: Gypsy Edition!

Well, it's Wednesday night here in Australia, and I go home to BC tomorrow. That's right, tomorrow- 24 hours from now I'll be half way to LA..crazy! It's been a really up and down week. I'm so unbelievably excited to get home and see my friends and family, but equally as sad to say goodbye to all the amazing friends I've made here. When I get too depressed about it I have to remind myself that the only reason this adventure is over is because I'm going home to start another one- I start my first real graduate job on Monday morning, which is both exciting and terrifying, not in the least because I have less than three days to set up my life back home again! So, in the spirit of looking forward and planning exciting things to come, this Wish List is really just examples of my biggest wish of all- to eventually own my own business!

Whenever I'm travelling these days, I always scope out cupcake shops- I love seeing other people's visions come to life! It really gets me excited about the same possibility for myself...plus I always have lots of people willing to help me with a little international market research!

I got really excited about Little Cupcakes in Melbourne,
because I had just decided on Little Bow Sweets about
a month beforehand. This teeny tiny shop is tucked away
down one of Melbourne's famous lanes.

They do literally mean Little Cupcakes- almost their
whole selection is mini cupcakes!

Sorry about my face. It's full of tea. (which comes on the
sweetest little trays with your own little milk bottle!)

In Singapore, I found this bizarrely cute shop in a basement food
court in Clarke Quay. I creeped around outside taking photos while they
conducted what looked like a baking class inside.

Little House of Dreams...the name is a bit intense, but Asia is pretty
intense (and full of ridiculous names for things)

Excuse the terrible quality, but I snapped this today in Sydney, while I
was getting drenched walking around the city. Seriously, I got soaked
by a car  driving through a puddle when I stepped back to take
this photo- dedicated much? I'm pretty sure this is a franchise, since
 I also saw one in Melbourne.
I think the only solution to my travelbug-versus-entrepreneurship dilemma
is to get a cupcake caravan like this one from Enjoy Cupcakes and travel
the world, funding my adventures with frosting and sprinkles>


Obviously for very serious and important professional development reasons, I will continue to find cupcake shops everywhere I go and sample them based on the cuteness of their window displays. In the meantime, stay sweet and I'll be back in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment