Wednesday 20 March 2013

Wish List Wednesday: The Pilot!

Oh hi! Welcome to the very first Wish List Wednesday, one of the promised new features to come along with the Little Bow Sweets face lift! Every week, I'll showcase two things that are on my Little Bow wish list- one splurge item, and one little treat. I've convinced myself that this will stop me actually running out and buying these things (but let's be serious if I wasn't broke from travelling we all know I would). Sometimes the things on my wish list are practical...sometime's they're just pretty and shiny and I really really want them! Anyway, let's start this weekly wish list off with something I've been drooling over for  a while now...



KIDDING! ....sortof. *ahem*



Seriously though,  the first Splurge on my wish list is a custom painted KitchenAid, like these ones from Un Amore by Nicole DiNardo:

Through the Un Amore site, you can either order a
stand mixer to be delivered to her for painting, or
you can send  her one yourself. Either way,
when it gets back to you it won't be your standard
KitchenAid anymore!

I can't decide if I like her bold Rockabilly-style prints or these
pretty floral ones more. I'll just have to get rich and buy two.

This is definitely a splurge item, starting at around $350 for basic designs, plus the cost of your stand mixer itself. The photo gallery is amazing...I can't even come close to picking a favourite! If you love the idea but don't want to splash the cash, there are some great tutorials out there for refurbishing your stand mixer at home- my favourite from a quick read-through of five or six sites is here.


This week's Little Treat item is these Cakes by Bien Side Stripe Cutters from Carina's Cupcakes. They may seem plain, but for those of you that may have noticed a little trend called Chevron floating around, you cannot imagine how much easier these would make chevron cakes. Actually. you don't have to imagine, the answer is A LOT EASIER. I also love that the set comes with four widths of stripe, which completely eliminates fidgety guesswork. And the best news is that the set only costs about $22- definitely worth it since bold geometric trends are sticking around! Long story short, I want these....right meow.

So there it is, the first Wish List Wednesday! Come back each week for more cake & baking related products you didn't know you wanted and maybe a few little things you didn't know you needed! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment