Friday 22 March 2013

Friday Freebie!


A couple of years ago, when I was really hurting for any kind of work after moving home, a friend scored me a job at a greeting card store. Not exactly what I was going for fresh from university but hey, work is work(or more accurately, paychecks are paychecks). I'd like to say it was fun, but honestly I hated every second of it. For one, the company runs its business like a prison. It felt like how many times you sneezed or blinked while on shift was regulated by the looming spectre of "head office". As you can imagine, that really isn't my thing- I quit pretty soon after being formally written up for "saying a word that sounded like the word crappy" to a customer. Seriously, that was written on the form they made me sign. I was only there for about four months, but in that time I realized that the greeting card industry is probably the biggest rip-off EVER, next to bottled water and movie popcorn. Some of the "nicer" cards we were selling there cost $14! For one card! Didn't they hear about the financial crisis?! Ain't nobody got time for dat!

All this time later, while I was thinking of new things to spruce up the blog and website, I thought about these rip-off greeting cards and invitations and decided to include a Free Printable section in my page. Every Friday I'll share a new invitation, thank-you card, save-the-date, or other greeting, as well as a link to download a printable pdf of the design. When holidays are approaching I'll also throw up a few mini-printables for kids..You know the cheesy cards that you had to give to everyone in the class, even that kid you really didn't like, because it was Valentine's Day and your mom said so. ANYWAY....I will try to keep these worth looking at, and they will all be stored on the PRINTABLES section of the website to be downloaded anytime. Just to get the ball rolling I've put a few up already, so take a look!



Click Here to visit the Printables Page & download your free pdf printout

CLICK HERE to visit the Printables Page & download your free pdf printout



No comments:

Post a Comment