Wednesday 12 October 2011

1 Broke Girl re:2 Broke Girls

This Fall, there is a shocking amount of good television on. Well, maybe not 'good' television- but shows that I will happily and shamelessly watch every week without any concern for their intellectual quality or substance. One of my new favourites is the new CBS offering 2 Broke Girls. If you haven't been watching, I suggest you hop on the bandwagon as soon as humanly possible- I'll catch you up: One always-poor girl meets one former rich girl. Finding a common thread in their lack of money they start living together in Brooklyn. How are they planning to survive? Oh yes, a cupcake business. Maybe I like this show because of the sometimes too trigger-happy one liners and hipster jokes. More likely though, I like it because I really identify with the main character for two reasons: 1)She makes cupcakes for extra cash, and 2)She has trouble fitting her boobs into her work clothes. AND they have a horse called Chestnut that lives in their back yard and hangs out in the kitchen. Bravo, CBS, Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment