Tuesday 24 July 2012

Recent Adventures

Oh hello! It's been a while...Really, I haven't posted in nearly two weeks. Things have been crazy over here in the MeowCakes kitchen, so you'll have to excuse my absence- I'll try to do better, I promise! Lately, the orders have been literally piling in. It has to be one of the most satisfying feelings in the world to send out a batch of cupcakes or a cake and subsequently get a thrilled phone call from happy customers wanting more right away. It's not only a confidence boost, it reminds me that the reason I love doing this is because what I make is literally happiness in a box. Not in a crazy, eat-your-emotions-get-fat-and-eat-more way, I'm talking about the smiles and the love that happen when someone receives cupcakes with an inside joke decoration theme as a gift. Or when a pile of rough and tumble football jocks screech to a halt mid-practice to gawk at a giant team cupcake made for their fundraiser. Or when the phone is passed to a seven-year-old girl who carefully explains exactly how her special birthday cupcakes should look, because she's been drawing pictures of them for weeks.These are the things that I'm thinking about as I curl up with my coffee and my business plan, and it makes me incredible excited for what's to come!

On that note, here's some recent creations:
Possibly the best thing to happen in the last two weeks:
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Cheesecake Frosting!

These are the definition of 'moresome' 

I raffled off this adorable little owl cake using Facebook shares as draw entry.
It was such a success, I'll be doing another one every month!

Hoot!

The football looks a little warped in the picture, but
this lemon-raspberry giant cupcake was a touchdown
for the Chilliwack Huskers!

Giant Cupcakes = Everyone's new favourite thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment