Saturday 7 July 2012

Melting Flowers & Mental Breakdowns

I love making wedding cupcakes. They're a chance to go all out and create something beautiful, which I really enjoy....unfortunately when your kitchen is five bazillion degrees it makes the 'beautiful' part a little more difficult. I was prepared for this though and planned to bake early in the morning, let the kitchen cool down with the oven off, and decorate later. As they say though, the best laid plans go to waste- or as I prefer to rephrase it, "the universe hates me." Of course I slept through my alarms and didn't start baking til 10am. And of course I got called into work an evening shift at the bar. Cut to me, piping buttercream roses at one in the morning on my living room floor(which was STILL too warm for them to turn out perfectly) and trying not to fall asleep against the couch. All's well that ends well though, and everything turned out in the end for these floral themed wedding cupcakes!

I love making these roses....except when my kitchen is 35 degrees and I have about
5 minutes  of piping time before the icing has to go back in the fridge...

Fondant is the old faithful in summer heat

And it just looks so nice :)

Such a pretty addition to Marble Cupcakes

Tiffany Blue Roses and silver pearls for Mochaccino Cupcakes!

I love the height on these, so pretty!

Yellow floral accents for Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes!

These little flowers are so easy and so cute!

Raspberry Almond Cupcakes topped with Sugar-Toasted Almonds and
a little extra bling

One of my fave flavour combos!

Classic bridal cupcake- the vanilla peace rose!

These silver-gilded roses are hiding tasty rainbow sprinkle cakes!


Last but not least, Lemon Drop Hydrangeas!

1 comment:

  1. They all look so lovely! I'm sorry you had to endure the weather, 1am and the floor... but I'm glad they turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete