Thursday 14 June 2012

Busy Busy Busy

Just in case you were unaware, Loretta Young
was an old Hollywood actress and huge babe.
I assume she also liked cupcakes.
Loretta Young once said, "a charming woman is a busy woman". If that's the case, I'm the most charming person in the universe these days. I'm just about keeping on top of the demand for MeowCakes around my packed work schedule and things are getting so busy that I'll have to start working less and baking more if I want to be able to keep it up. I'm seriously thrilled about this progression of events- not that I don't like waitressing, but its the kind of environment that wears you down eventually. Frankly sometimes I'm shocked that I still have a job, given my tendency to get bitingly sarcastic when I'm annoyed. This week when a whiny customer shook a cheese shaker in my face demanding to know if it was "real" parmesan, I couldn't help but respond with a withering look and a sickly sweet "no, it's anthrax." Honestly, I don't know how I get away with it. I don't think I could ever survive in a chain restaurant where the servers are  practically scripted and you can't even raise your eyebrows at a rude customer... I definitely need a little room to answer back and sass as I see fit. Otherwise I might just explode. I think that's why I love working on MeowCakes. Everyone is always so excited about their cupcakes, it's just a happy experience all around. I'm happy baking and decorating, they're happy looking and eating, I'm even happier taking cheques to the bank for doing something I love.

Perfect swirly sprinkle cakes for kids!

Just a few scrummy red velvets.

White Chocolate Raspberry...om.

A  big box of delicious.

Nothing says 'nightclub cupcakes' like red velvet with
glittering cream cheese frosting....right?

The chocolatiest (new word?) cupcakes you ever did see!



No comments:

Post a Comment