Friday 20 January 2012

Holiday Catch-Up Round-Up!

The first week of January is always one of those weird twilight zone periods for me.  I don’t know if it’s just the feeling of new beginnings, or if it’s that after-holiday sadness as all the Christmas lights and decorations come down and everyone realizes how broke they are… either way, I’ve been keeping busy to avoid all that post-holiday melancholy and I’m a few batches behind on my blogging duties!


First off, I have a few small but exciting MeowCakes updates! After an extensive ‘pretty cardboard-vs-practical plastic’ box debate, I finally ordered some clear plastic cupcake boxes. Initially I thought the cardboard was a classier look, but after thinking about it I decided that keeping things fresh and being able to see the cakes were more important…and the mini meow boxes are the cutest little things I’ve ever seen. For a little extra, I got stickers printed with a logo and phone number to stick on each box, mostly because my little brother and sister insist on stickers for all things in life. Last but not least, MeowCakes now has its own official website! It’s still in the early stages at this point, but I’m super excited anyway so go check it out (and you may have noticed the blog revamp that goes along with it!)


Otherwise, this post is just to catch you up on all of my cupcake adventures over the last few hectic weeks!  Here’s what you’ll see today:


(1) Some cute little reindeer cakes made an adorable Christmas present for some adorable kiddies!
(2) One of my favourite fondant orders so far, Hello Kitty Cupcakes for a lucky lady’s birthday.
(3) Something new, Crème Brulee Cupcakes! These cakes were flavoured with vanilla custard, topped with a brown sugar Swiss meringue buttercream, and sprinkled with shards of caramelized sugar.
(4) The last of summer cherry preserves turned into Cherry Toasted Almond Cupcakes! (I’ll use any excuse to buy maraschino cherries so I can eat them out of the jar, it’s a problem)
(5) Key Lime Brownie Cupcakes to try out a new chocolate recipe…it’s a little too heavy for me, but sweet-tart key lime frosting = great success!
(6) Last but definitely not least, S’Mores Cupcakes! These are honey graham cakes with dark chocolate flakes, topped with marshmallow buttercream and more chocolate shavings.







1 comment:

  1. Ouu the key lime ones sound AWESOME. Love the boxes and stickers, they look so professional!

    ReplyDelete