Monday 21 November 2011

Winter Wonderland

Lately in this rainy little corner of the world, it's been FREEZING. We've even had snow! In November! Personally, I love it because I think snow makes everything a million times prettier. I love it even more after looking at the gorgeous pictures of snowy scenes on All Things Carly(which you should definitely check out because she's actually diligent about blogging and doesn't forget for weeks at a time like me). Anyway, I was so excited about the pretty snowy icing on everything and the pretty photographs, I decided to make some cupcakes inspired by the beautiful bits of winter. 


If this all sounds a bit too whimsical for me, don't worry- I love the snow here because I know it will last a maximum of 3 days, and if we get more than 4 inches there's a strong possibility I won't have to go to work. I'm also confident that I won't wake up to 6 feet of powdery white doom, a-la New Brunswick, which I will then be expected to wade through to get to class/work/the bar. On the flip side, I'm afraid to go anywhere when it's actually snowing because no one really knows how to drive in the snow here...I'm really not too keen on getting plowed down by a soccer-mom in an Escalade who's slammed the brakes on and covered her eyes because she hit some slush.


To summarize: Snow is pretty, snow-themed cupcakes are pretty, take a look and enjoy!











1 comment: