Thursday 1 March 2012

Sweet Treats for Secretaries!

 I love it when someone gives me a vague sort of idea or theme for a cupcake order and tells me to make whatever I want. It's a chance to get creative, try out new cake flavours and frostings, and of course to strut my cupcake stuff. So when I got a phone call from a lovely lady wanting to show her appreciation for her kid's school admin staff, I was pretty stoked. The brown-frosted cakes you see below are Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chip with Dark Chocolate Buttercream, and the pink are Lemon Raspberry Swirl. My favourite part of these decorations are the post-it notes (I have a bit of a thing for post-it notes as it is, but these are made of fondant!)...They're definitely a keeper for office-themed orders as they're the perfect template for writing messages!



no appointments? time for cupcakes!

office supplies!

A kid in my high school chemistry class stapled his hand once. True story.

The mouse cord suffered a little pre-photo, but still cute!

Post-it love

Sometimes I wish I was the one making those announcements:
"Students are reminded to adhere to the school dress code. 'Snooki' is not a look
and wife beaters are both tacky and incredibly ugly. You don't have
muscles yet, you're 13. Put some clothes on."

ring ring!

Late slips? pssh. Back in the day  I used to phone the school
pretending to be my mum and excuse myself from class.
Worked every time!

A tasty show of appreciation!

well duh.

Yes, I know this is out of proportion.

Not gonna lie, these are a huge pain to make.
So cute though!

click!

Vanilla Bean Chocolate Chip

Lemon Raspberry Swirl

No comments:

Post a Comment